But Warnings Are Against My Possibility Thinking?
Dr. Robert H Schuller has a Bible out called his “Possibility Thinker’s Bible” in which about 1,600 verses are outlined in color as being possibility thinking positive verses. My calculations show that is 4.8% of the word of God. Does that mean that Schuller believes that the other 95.2% of the Bible is negative and stands opposed to his possibility thinking? For examples, Schuller loves to preach from Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”. Yet, he would never think of preaching just three verses above that text. “Do not let your prophets and your diviners, who are in your midst, deceive you, for they prophesy to you falsely in My name. I have not sent them, says the Lord” Jeremiah 29:8-9. You see, Schuller would not deem those two verses positive in his sight. Nor would he preach about his oracle of possibility thinking from Jeremiah 23:36- “Every man’s word will be his oracle, FOR YOU HAVE PERVERTED THE WORDS OF THE LIVING GOD”.
Dave Hunt of the Berean Call once told of an incident where both he and Dr. Robert H Schuller were at the same bookstore during a promotion. Hunt’s book on sale at that time was the Seduction of Christianity which had a large section on Schuller. Schuller came over and actually pushed over his table in a fit of anger, much like he had done several years ago when he was charged with pushing a flight attendant on an airplane. Even though he pleaded not guilty to that latter incident he still payed the fine imposed against him and had to undergo anger management sessions.
Dave Norris once told of an incident where he was asked by several ladies of a nursing home to gain a few signatures of Schuller’s when he was at a local bookstore. Dave stood in line for nearly an hour and when he got up to Schuller he asked him to not only sign the book but several pieces of paper for the other ladies. The book he purchased was for one of the ladies as wellk. Schuller asked if these other ladies were also purchasing a book and Dave said they were in a nursing facility and could not afford it. Schuller relunctantly signed the other papers but his writing was not like the one he did in the book and was hardly recognizable. The ladies back at the nursing facility did not even recognize it as his signature and were more than disappointed. Only the lady receiving the book had a legible signature.
Ministers like Dr. Robert H Schuller shy away from the warning passages of the Bible. Yet the prophet he so admired in Jeremiah 29:11 said this- “This is the 23rd year in which the word of the Lord has come to me, and I have spoken to you, rising early and speaking, but you have not listened. And the Lord sent you all of His servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, but you have not listened nor inclined your ear to listen” Jeremiah 25:3-4. Schuller is one of those that have not listened to the prophets of the Lord.
When his congregation applauded him for saying that the Hour of Power would no longer have a single face but only Jesus to revere last week, they gave him a standing ovation. However that meant his son would no longer be preaching there but Robert H Schuller would. His son had begun to change the church by preaching Bible verses during his sermons and I believe that was the separating point between he and his son. “This is a rebellious people, lying children, who say to the prophets, Do not prophesy to us right things, speak to us smooth things (possibility thinking), prophesy deceits. Cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us” Isaiah 30:9-11.
Paul warned an echo to that of Isaiah when by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit he said, “Note those, who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, AND AVOID THEM. For those are such that do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple” Romans 16:17-18, which are also words that will never spill forth from the mouth of Robert H Schuller because his possiblity thinking are smooth words and flattering speech that deceive the hearts of the simple that applauded him. “Savage wolves will come in AMONG YOU, not sparing the flock, also FROM AMONG YOURSELVES men will rise up, speaking perverse things, TO DRAW AWAY THE DISCIPLES AFTER THEMSELVES” Acts 20:29-30.
The Hour of Power and their Board of Directors, which are largely Schuller family members, removed the wrong Schuller from the Hour of Power. It should have been Robert H Schuller who believes that only 4.8% of the Bible is positive, little realizing that, “EVERY word of God is pure” Proverbs 30:5. And, the one that lacks that discernment is now again at the reigns of the Hour of Power. What a sad state of affairs to behold! What are your thoughts on this article?